Monday 19 November 2012

Zero fat Pea and Mint Soup!

I had a hankering for Pea and Mint soup, alas Waitrose seem to be no longer stocking it, so I moved along to the fresh and frozen section and decided to wing it. Result - delicious and only 130 cals and zero fat!

Yields 2 servings - I normally have one for lunch and another for the 3 o'clock munchies!

Ingredients:

- 160g frozen peas
- 1 veg stock cube
- 300mls boiling water
- 3 sprigs of fresh mint
- 1 shallot
- Big pinch of black pepper

Method:

1. Make up stock cube with 300mls boiling water.
2. Chop shallot and cook with a splash of the stock water until softened
3. Pour in peas with remaining stock water
4. Chop mint and add to pot. Add pepper
5. Simmer on low for 5 mins
6. Blend and serve! Yum

I blend this quite thick so no need for bread etc (plus I'm gluten-free!)


No comments:

Post a Comment